Saturday, March 10, 2007

what would i say?

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. -Acts 20:24

was back to my usual blog reading today.. after a long while away, and i read this verse from a friend's blog.

Paul really is one great character. such courage and strength that only the Lord can give.

I think about the verse and ask to myself, is this true of me? is telling others the Good News such a central part of my life, that if i did not do it, I would consider my life of no worth of all? really hard stuff.

i'm now studying the book of Romans, and learning about God, and His standards, and how we fall so so far short of them, and how only HE can save us from the stench of sin, makes me realise how important it is to tell people of the good news- the good news that Jesus Christ died for my sin, and yours, and all we have to do is believe that and receive God's free gift of being free of sin and death.

it will be selfish of me if i kept this Good news to myself, and let my friends and all those close to my heart go on living without ever knowing about God's goodness and grace. it is selfish of me to let my insecurities and lack of courage stop me from sharing about the story of Jesus.

what is my life worth to me?

p/s: update on family holiday coming soon.. hopefully

No comments: